November 26, 2015

Ty's Birth Story

Our sweet baby boy was born on July 23, 2015 and it's time to tell his story!

On June 21, which was also our 8th wedding anniversary, I went in for my 40 week appointment. All of my previous appointments had been very normal. My weight gain was good (haha), my blood pressure was good and things were slowly starting to move along. However on this day, my blood pressure was high. My doctor seemed slightly alarmed and decided that I needed to be induced that night. We were a little bummed because we had planned on going out to dinner for our anniversary, but excited that we would soon be meeting our little boy! The doctor came back in and told us that the hospital was full and that we should go home and they would call us when a room opened up.

We ended up going out to dinner and had a lovely time! After, we went home and waited. We were expecting a call somewhere between 11 and 1 that night. We waited and waited and waited and they never called. I didn't really sleep, because I was so anxious wondering when they would call. Finally, around 5, they called and told us to come to the hospital around 7.

We got to the hospital and got all checked in a settled. The first part of my induction was Cervidil to help my cervix start to soften (sorry if that's TMI!). It was going to take all day for it to work and I was expecting to lay around and rest and watch some movies. Instead of doing that, it put me into labor! Ty was on his way! I labored all day and Jessyel was amazing and by my side the whole time. That night, my contractions were getting stronger and more painful and I was exhausted. I was dilated to a 2, and it wasn't looking like I would need Pitocin! I had been up for about two days at this point and just wanted to sleep. My back was hurting from the contractions and it was hard for me to find a comfortable position. With Penny's birth, I was positive that I wanted am unmedicated birth. I had a doula and Jessyel was again amazing and supportive! With Ty, I didn't have a doula, and I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to have an unmedicated birth again. Around 9 that after being up for so many hours, I decided I wanted an epidural so I could get some sleep and let my body continue to dilate over night. It was the greatest thing ever!! I was able to rest through out the night in between beeping machines and the nurse coming in to roll me over. Which by the way, made me feel like a gigantic beached whale!!

That morning, I had dilated to a 10 and we were waiting to hear from my doctor. She had a meeting to go and the baby and I were doing well so we decided to wait a bit. I took a nap for about an hour or so and when the nurse came in, she said "Do you want to have a baby?" It was time! It took 4 hours of pushing when Penny was born, so they wanted me to push a little bit before the doctor came in. I got all set up and started to push and was told immediately to stop! He was practically falling out haha! It took 11 minutes for my doctor to arrive and as soon as she did I got all ready to meet my sweet boy! I pushed on time and he was born! I got to bring him up to my chest right away and hold and snuggle him. I loved the moment with both of our kids when I got to look up at Jessyel after they were both born. It's a moment I will never forget. He was so tiny and sweet and perfect. I got to hold him and nurse him for a couple of hours before the nurses came in to give him his first bath and weigh him. It was an amazing experience and we are so in love with our sweet baby boy.

Ty Grayson Gonzalez was born on July 23, 2015, he weighed albs 0.7 ounces and was 20 1/2 inches long. Penny loves him to pieces and we are a very proud little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment