July 02, 2015

June 2015

June was basically survival mode for me. I was so tired of working and unhappy at school and just wanted it to end so I could be done with it all. I got done June 19th! That is just way too long of a school year for me! And if I had to go back, it would be on July 20th! A four week summer? No thank you! Thank goodness for maternity leave! I'm already praying I can somehow find a new job in four months even though it will be a few months into the school year.

Jessyel also traveled for most of the month, which was very hard for me. Thankfully, my mom came and stayed with Penny and I while she was gone. I have also been so homesick and missing people, as usual, and really sad about not getting to go home for a baby shower and to see everyone again before I was 32 weeks and not able to fly anymore.

It wasn't all bad though!

Penny took a sibling class at the hospital. She really enjoyed practicing feeding, changing, and swaddling the baby doll. She is so excited for the baby to born! She tells me that she wants him to come out almost every day!










She has asked to see my belly everyday for the past couple months and gives it hugs and kisses, but lately she has started reading to him and it is the sweetest thing I have ever experienced! Her love of my belly is probably the only thing I will miss about being pregnant!

She had her end of year picnic at school too. We were so lucky that she had such amazing teachers the past six months. She just loved them and pretended to be them all the time! It was a little bittersweet taking her out for the summer because she liked the teachers and other kids so much.


On my mom's last day here, we went to a rose garden in San Jose. We will most be going back for sure! It's the perfect place for a picnic and running around in the grass!





Penny and I enjoyed our first couple week of summer home together! Almost everything we do requires her wearing a princess dress. We did't do a whole lot and her new favorite thing to do is watch movies and eat popcorn at night which is ok with 8 months pregnant me!


The absolute highlight of my month was my baby shower in a box! More on that later!

Jessyel is done traveling until the baby is born and Penny and I are both very glad that he is home again!! Now, we are onto July and waiting for this little boy to be born!

No comments:

Post a Comment